I've Moved!

Visit me at my new blog:
sugarandmeringue.squarespace.com

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mother's Day


My creation, originally uploaded by Flying Time Designs.

Here's a little bit of a glimpse into how I think and how I find inspiration for my cookie designs.

I made a new friend in the blog world, Happy Loves Rosie. Her sight is so "happy" and colorful. Very inspiring. She has a link to Cath Kidston's site on her blog. I love Cath Kidston! So, I click over to Cath Kidston's site, find this fabric and think "ooooh! I could make cookies that look like this!" The resulting Mother's day cookies are shown above. I'll give them to all the mom's in my family. I'm thinking this palette could also be the inspiration for this years flower garden if I ever get around to planting it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This are so Gorgeous!

Madi said...

these cookies are lovely. any mom would be proud to get them.

Happy Harris said...

Hi Emily...your cookies are beautiful, its funny the way things inspire us...and I am so glad that I have been of help to you...I feel honoured...along with Cath to of inspired you to make these works of art. Happy Mothers Day to you all, we celebrated ours in march! I wonder why we have different dates...anyway thanks for the mention - speak to you soon - hugs! luv Happy x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

oh, what sweet happenings you have going on here for Mother's day. Your cookies are beautiful and inpsirational.

Jessi Nagy said...

gorgeous cokkies!!
happy mothers day!
oxoox,
jessi

Hazel said...

Hi,
I just came across your inspiring blog whilst browsing (should be busy doing other things really) Your cookies are amazing, they look far too good to eat!
I'm adding you to my favourite blog list so I can check back later.

Emily said...

Thanks everyone!

Tracy said...

Hello! My first visit here...and I must say your pretty space here in blogland is just scrumptious! These cookies are almost too lovely to eat...Your Etsy shop has lots of tasty offerings too. How do you send cupcakes??!! Happy Days :o)

Anonymous said...

I remember the day I found Happy loves Rosie too. I was in pure heaven!! So when I read your post I totally knew what you were talking about!! The name "Happy" is the cutest...and I think you should name one of your cupcakes in your shop-to-be just that..."Happy". I think it should be sunshiney yellow, with pastel sprinkles.Love, Kristin