I've Moved!

Visit me at my new blog:
sugarandmeringue.squarespace.com

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Armed & Dangerous

That's right…

I bought a gun.

Look out!

My shiny new gun is "trigger quick"
and my daughter and I are "trigger happy" .

I would advise you to SECURE YOUR DOUGH!







For years, I've had to borrow my mom's cookie press when I wanted to make spritz cookies. Not anymore! I found this vintage cookie gun at the antique store last weekend. It was only $4.00! Isn't it beautiful? It looks as if it were rarely used and it works great. My daughter and I had a lot of fun trying it out this week. She likes to operate the gun. I like to sprinkle on the sugar and put on the dragees.

I had fun with the packaging too. I put like colors in cupcake liners and tucked them in this pretty silver box that I bought from Fancy Flours then wrapped the box with some vintage ribbon that I had.

If only all the guns in the world were cookie guns…

6 comments:

Lark said...

Oh, I love this post. Make cookies, not war! If only... and your blog is looking so cheerful and festive!

Allison xx

Emily said...

thank you!

Celestial Charms said...

Emily, how appropriate your post is for me. I have just received my first cookie press ever. I saw a vintage Swedish one on ebay and couldn't resist. Now to find the time to make them. Your cookies came out fantastic.

Teena Vallerine said...

Oh I want one! That is just amazing and your coloured cookies are, as ever, exceptional! You make it all look so easy! t.xx

Katie Runnels said...

My grandmother, and now my mother makes these same spritz cookies every year! It just wouldn't be the holidays without them!! xoxo

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Those cookies look deeeeelightful! Yum. Make cookies, not war!